Your personal data is being processed by or on behalf of PSC and for the purposes of understanding, the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the meaning prescribed in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA”).
1.Description of your personal data
All personal data processed by PSC includes personal details (such as name, age, gender, identity card number, passport number, date of birth, race, ethnic origin, nationality and photo), contact details (such as address, email, and phone numbers) family information (such as marital status, name of spouse or child or immediate family) and occupation.
2.Purposes for the processing of your personal data
PSC will process your personal data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes (hereinafter referred to as the “Purpose” or “Purposes”):
- Offer you an opportunity to take part in the events/activities/competitions organized by Penang Sports Club;
- Communication with you including responding to your enquiries;
- Processing of your entry to the said events/activities/competitions;
- For marketing and data analysis purposes and research purposes;
- Sending you Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) news, event news and updates, advertising and promotion materials, news on products and services and various other types of news and/or media with relation to Penang Sports Club via electronic mail to your provided email address or via any other method of communication as may be suitable;
- The record keeping of PSC; and
- Any other purposes relating or incidental to any of the above.
3.Source of your personal data
- Your personal data is collected from you when you supply your personal data to PSC by submitting an entry containing your personal data to the events/activities/competitions organized by Penang Sports Club.
- Apart from the above, PSC may also collect personal data from your informal interactions with PSC or its employees (e.g. telephone conversations, messages from WhatsApp or online interactions on social networking websites).
- Further personal data may be collected by PSC as updates from you from time to time as PSC deems fit.
You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- To make a data request in writing to PSC for information of your personal data that is being processed by or on behalf of PSC [Section 30(2) of PDPA];
- To make a data correction request in writing to PSC to correct any of your personal data which is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date [Section 34(1) of PDPA];
- To limit the processing of your personal data including personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from your personal data [Section 7(1)(f) of PDPA]; and
- All other rights as expressly provided under the PDPA.
If you have any requests in relation to the above mentioned rights or any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, please write in to PSC at:-
Penang Sports Club.
Jalan Utama, 10450 George Town, Pulau Pinang.
PSC may refuse to comply with your data access request or your data correction request under the circumstances specified in the PDPA and if PSC does so, PSC will inform you of its refusal and the reason(s) for its refusal.
5.Class of third parties to whom PSC may disclose your personal data
This is the class of persons to whom PSC may disclose your personal data:
- Related companies of PSC;
- PSC’s lawyers or auditors;
- Any person or party that acts as the agents, service providers and/or professional advisers of PSC;
- Your authorized lawyers, agents, executor, administrator or legal representative;
- Regulatory bodies, government agencies, the police, law enforcement bodies and courts, both within and outside Malaysia; and
- Such persons or bodies to whom PSC is legally required to make disclosures.
- It is obligatory for you to supply PSC with your personal data and failure to do so will result in PSC being unable to process your personal data for any of the Purposes.
- You will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date.
- All other obligations as expressly provided under the PDPA.
7.Security of your personal data
PSC, when processing your personal data, takes practical steps to protect your personal data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
8.Retention of your personal data
We will take strict technical and organizational security measures in managing the collected Personal Data. In order to continue to improve our protection of Personal Data, we will review and bolster our internal rules and regulations in accordance with changes in laws regulations and standard practices.
Unless you request the deletion of your Account at any time by contacting ‘ADMIN OFFICE’, in principle, we will retain most of your information. Once we receive your request to delete your Account, we will delete your information according to Applicable Laws and internal rules after retaining such information for a given period of time.